- Attend your classes every day.
- Be on time, prepared to learn.
- Ask your teacher for help
- Do all homework regularly.
- Attend tutorials for extra help.
- Keep up to date with the school bulletin.
- Reach out to make new friends.
- Attend school events--durning lunch and after school.
- Be friendly with your teachers.
- Learn how to handle peer pressure.
- Stay away from drugs and alcohol.
- Visit your counselor if you need help.
Places to Find Help
Get to know them. Your teachers can assist you with general concerns about your school as well as specific concerns about your classes.
- COUNSELING OFFICE
Counselors can help you make decisions and choices which benefit your overall growth. See your counselor for help with academic planning, for information on colleges and careers, or for any other matter important to you. Counselors are the appropriate resource for things you wish to keep confidential.
- ADMINISTRATORS (Principal, Assistant Principals)
These people manage the operation of your high school. They welcome your ideas and concerns.
- CAREER CENTER
Use the center for questions on careers, job availability, future planning. Ask for up-to-date job information and computer information.
- HEALTH OFFICE
The nurse can assist you in health issues that might affect your schooling. Medical excuses from physical education must go through the nurse.
- ATTENDANCE OFFICE
When you are returning to school after an absence or if you are checking out of school early, it is essential that you check out through the Attendance Office.
- REGISTRAR'S OFFICE
The school registrar assists with transcript information, transfer information, and necessary grade clarification.
- MEDIA CENTER (Library)
The Media Center has reference material to assist you with schoolwork. The Media Center is open before and after school as well as during the regular school day.
Telephone numbers you may find useful:
Who Can Help
Principal Ms. Smith 219-6002 Assistant Principals
Registrar Mrs. Dalley
Attendance Mrs. O'Rourke 291-6011 Health Office Mrs. Courduff 291-6080 Athletic Office Mr. Clark 291-6031 Music Director Mr. Lund 291-6815
Tips for Success
To do well and be successful in high school, we encourage you to follow these guidelines to the best of your ability: